Compost bins offer several advantages and these go beyond just your own backyard. Aside from providing excellent fertiliser for your garden and lawn, it is a great way to reduce the amount of garbage that you send to the landfill. In a way, it could be a good step that gardeners and homeowners can take to move towards a greener future.
Based on research, composting offers more than just reducing the amount of waste going to landfills. Other environmental benefits it offers are the following:
- Helps prevent erosion. Composts are proven to reduce erosion on hills, near water, the side of the road, and even in playing fields.
- Promotes growth. Plants, trees, and soils are healthier in areas with compost.
- Reduces pollution. Composting keeps landfills free from organic matter that result to the reduction of methane production.
- Reduces toxins. Composting prevents the spread of toxic matters in soils such as pesticides and fuels. This results to not just healthier soil but also healthier plants and water in the area.
- Mitigates climate change.
- Manages stormwater.
Aside from composting, there are other things that you need to take care of when you’re into gardening. Some of the most exhausting tasks are cleaning up your garden and disposing waste.
Here at Garden Bags Brisbane, we provide garden & bin hire to help you out. Read our previous post ‘The Benefits of a Garden Bag Over a Compost Bin’ to see if our garden bags can be of benefit to you.
Being considered as the expert in this industry, you can expect nothing but the best service from us. Call us on 07 3343 3030 and let’s talk about your requirements.